Throughout the semester we are going to be covering loads of topics… to help you, we’ll be posting links and resources onto this page.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Audition: Longer shortcuts and shorter collection
- Logging audio tip sheet
- OTM’s Pulling Back the Curtain: http://www.onthemedia.org/story/129437-pulling-back-the-curtain/
- Alternatives to Twitter.com: https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/, https://hootsuite.com/, among others.
- WordPress: http://wordpress.tv/category/how-to/ This is WordPress’ own collection of videos to help you run the site. You can also just google the WordPress issue you are having and you will find dozens of resources, tutorials and videos.
- Let Me Google That For You: http://lmgtfy.com/ A snarky way to help someone find the answer, via Google’s help. PROTIP: Google your question/issue *before* you ask for help.
- Questions to ask yourself while preparing a profile: http://21052.ascjclass.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2015/07/ProfileQuestions.docx
- Recap: SPJLA Hosts Panel on Anonymous Sources at NBC4 News http://spjla.org/recap-spjla-hosts-panel-on-anonymous-sources-at-nbc4-news/
- Ira Glass on Storytelling: http://www.elprofe.me/2010/10/15/ira-glass-on-storytelling/
- Pitching forms: Story Idea Short Form | Story Idea LongForm | Capstone Project Story Idea Form
- The Worst Work of Journalism: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-rooney/the-worst-work-of-journalism_b_3943447.html