We anticipate that your group project will bring together some combination of video, audio, stills, webtext, interactive graphics and other digital elements to create a unique story form. Toward that end, a successful project must fulfill these three requirements:
- Your group must decide on an anchor element around which the whole multimedia project is structured. Possible focal points for your project may include (but are not limited to):
- A. A long-form Webtext anchor piece (or series of smaller text pieces) totaling at least 1000 words. You must use the best practices of web by including links, photos, infographics and other digital or visual elements.
- B. A video anchor piece that may have narration or may be a first-person/natural sound piece. This piece should be at least two minutes.
- C. An audio anchor piece such as a tracked, stand-alone radio report, a first-person/ambient sound piece, or an audio slide show. This piece should be at least two minutes
- D. A digital anchor piece such as an infographic, google map, or interactive (like a timeline).
- A. Some form of video. If your anchor element is not a video piece then this might include two or three short video interview clips or MOS/voxpop videos
- B. Some form of audio. If your anchor element is not an audio piece then this might include short audio clips of interviews, an audio Q&A, a voxpop sound piece, or one or more short audio slide shows.
- C. Some webtext (totaling 600 words). If your anchor element is not a longer text piece then this might be two sidebars related to your larger project, a Q&A with an interview subject, or a short profile of someone connected with your story. These elements must also follow the best practices of webtext and include links and photos (and perhaps small digital elements).
- D. Some digital elements. If your anchor element is not a digital element then your project must have at least two digital elements – an infographic, an interactive (like a timeline), a data visualization, etc.
Design, placement, and organization of your project elements is totally up to you and the constraints of the template you have been given.